Remedial Massage & Intense Massage Therapy Treatment
Our muscles work by contracting and lengthening, and mostly when we feel pain or stiffness and it’s because the affected muscles are always shortened or contracting to make it difficult for us to get the complete range of movement we would usually expect. Remedial massage treatment is a therapeutic, intense tissue massage therapy utilized to comprehensively treat soft-tissue dysfunction and pain.
Pain can show itself in many perspectives as well – not just muscle pain, but also headaches, general fatigue, abdominal pain and trouble breathing (e.g. with asthma the muscles associated with breathing can be in spasm/contraction) depending on the muscles affected. By relieving the muscles stiffness and contraction, these other symptoms may also be soothed.
During a treatment, our remedial massage therapist desire to establish the underlying cause of the pain or decreased range of motion. It may be due to a sports injury, a build-up of stress and tension over time, poor posture or biomechanics or a chronic condition such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, or asthma. Once determined, a range of strategies are utilized to help the body to determine the issue.
Our skilled physiotherapist will employ a list of techniques to reduced pain to our valued customers near Yarraville, Sunshine, Maribyrnong, Port Melbourne, & Footscray.
And in addition, treating soft-tissue injuries, remedial massage is also a relaxing treatment that can give relief to tired, stressed muscles in general.
Conditions that benefit from Remedial Massage Therapy:
A scope of conditions and dysfunctions can be enhanced, including:
- Pregnancy pain and soreness
- General fatigue and tension
- Muscle injury/sports injury including sprains and strains
- Back and neck pain
- General muscle tightness and spasm
- Osteo & rheumatoid arthritis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Stimulation of circulation
- Increased joint range of motion
- Easing of pain from muscle stiffness and tension
- Removal of toxins from the muscles and surrounding soft tissues
- Enhanced recovery time after muscle injury
- Reduction of muscle fatigue
- General relaxation for the whole body